PRODUCTIVITY ENHANCEMENT OF RICE
PROJECT DIRECTOR NAME
Islamabad, Punjab, Sindh, KPK, Balochistan
M/o NFS&R through PSDP and Agri. Department (Punjab, Sindh, KPK &Balochistan) through ADP
M/o NFS&R, PARC and Director General Agri. Extension and Agri. Research (Punjab, Sindh, KPK &Balochistan).
Rs. 15,789.402 million
- Coordinated research to develop rice varieties for climate resilient, high yielding, short duration, insect pest and disease resistant as well as crop production & protection technologies.
- Popularize agricultural machinery, seed of improved varieties and fertilizer use for rice by providing subsidies and making demonstrations.
- Demonstrate appropriate & mechanized production technologies for rice planting, water saving and harvesting etc.
- Mobilization of multidisciplinary research& extension based scientific resources using print & electronic media, field demonstrations and field days/meetings etc to improve rice production.
- Conducted National Uniform Yield Trials of rice (3 trials at 10 locations each).
- The Annual Rice Planning/Review meeting was held on July 9-10, 2020.
- Variety Evaluation Committee (VEC) was held on November 24, 2020 at PARC Hq Islamabad.
- Organized Traveling Rice Seminar/National Uniform Yield Trial Evaluation (2020) throughout the rice growing ecologies of Pakistan during October 2-15, 2020.
- Procurement of Research Machinery & Equipment)
Subsidy on Seeds and Implements
- 210,400 bags of certified seed
- 24 Riding type rice transplanter
- 26 Nursery raising machines with trays
- 14 Walk after type rice transplanters,
- 41 DSR Drill
- 27 MB plough/Disc plough,
- 94 Water tight rotavator
- 166 Power sprayers
Subsidy on Seeds
- 16 ton of certified seed
Subsidy on Seeds
- 151 ton of certified seed
Subsidy on weedicides
- 3462 kg/liter of weedidicede
- Acre: 41
The project will help to increase the average paddy yield by 10 maunds per acre for basmati rice and 20 maunds per acre for coarse rice by reducing yield gaps and increasing productivity.
|Date of approval with Forum|
|Original date||Revised Date, if any||All subsequent Revisions if any|
|Financial Arrangement||Islamabad, Punjab, Sindh, KPK, Balochistan|
|Donor (if any)along with a share of foreign aid in the cost||N/A|
|Actual Date of Commencement||29-08-2019|
|Completion Date (as per PC-I)||30-06-2024|
|Likely Completion Date||30-06-2024|
|Reason of Time and Cost Overrun||N/A|
|Specific decision/ recommendation made during previous quarterly reviews of PSDP 2019-20||NIL|
|PMES system updated on (please specify date)||31-12-2020|
|a) Expenditure up to June 2020||318.44 million|
|b) %age Financial progress to-Date||2.84%|
|Physical completion (in %age terms)||80%|
|Allocation 2020-21||Rupee||Foreign loan(if any)|
|RS. 350.00 million||Nil|
|Releases 2020-21||Rupee||Foreign Loan(if any)|
|Rs. 169.582 million||Nil|
|Expenditure/Utilization 2020-21 (July-Sept 2020)||Rupee||Foreign loan(if any)|
|Rs. 131.251 million||Nil|
|Bottlenecks/Issues impeding progress on the project (if any)||NIL|
|Latest implementation status of the decision/recommendation||NIL|