PROMOTING RESEARCH FOR PRODUCTIVITY ENHANCEMENT IN PULSES
PROJECT DIRECTOR NAME
Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC) Islamabad; Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission; Agriculture Departments, Govt. of Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Baluchistan, Sindh.
Ministry of National Food Security and Research.
Forest, Wildlife & Fisheries Department, Govt. of Punjab.
Livestock and Fisheries Department, Govt. of Sindh.
Department of Coastal Development and Fisheries, Govt. of Baluchistan.
M/o NFS&R through PSDP
Rs. 1437.358 millions
The scope of the project is to increase national average pulses (Chickpea, lentil, mungbean, mash bean and common bean) yield by 30% through reducing yield gaps, increasing crop area, productivity enhancement through multifarious activities.
- To enhance pulses production through input subsidy and mechanization.
- To develop pulses seed system for sustainable production.
- To develop contractual pulses production and procurement mechanism for import substitution.
- To demonstrate improved pulses production packages for promotion and training.
- To Share information on new knowledge and technology by using print & electronic media.
- Germplasm acquisition and evaluation 2016 Accessions.
- National Uniform Yield Trials (08 Nos) at 19 locations across the country for variety development.
- BN, Pre-basic and basic Seed production at 338 Acres.
- Production technology trials (80) conducted for Rabi and Kharif pulses across the country focusing on climate change scenario.
- D-plots on farm/farmers’ fields through Agri. Research and AED (227) for demonstration of improved technologies.
- Conducted (25) Field days/ seminars/workshops
- Common Bean Hybridization (KP) 06 for common bean variety development.
- Advanced lines yield trials (23) conducted
- Generation advancement (70) processed for early generation seed advancement.
- Pulses Seed Distribution (515 tons) @50% cost sharing sufficient for 15638 Acres (Rabi and Kharif pulses).
- • Supply order for procurement of Research equipment Machinery/field implements worth Rs. 9.581 million.
- • Case for Procurement of Seed from Punjab Seed Corporation by sub-component “AED, Baluchistan” with a cost of Rs.1.638 million for distribution on a 50% subsidy basis, is under process.
- • Supply Order Issued for the supply of One-Pass Cultivation Machinery/ implements costing Rs. 40.209 million.
- • Portable Solar Irrigation Systems (PSIS) Qty 07-Nos., have been delivered to the farmers on a 50% cost sharing basis, payment (Rs. 3.4 Million) to vendor.
- • Civil work through PARC works at NIFA and Bhakkar costing Rs. 2.999 million is almost at the completion stage.
- • Civil Works for “Intelligent Greenhouse” for speed breeding at NARC costing Rs.60 million in progress.
- • Travelling seminar for Kharif pulses conducted involving stakeholders in two provinces (Punjab and KP) from 1st to 7th September.
- • Tender for supply/manufacturing of 688 pulses machinery items with an estimated cost of Rs.80.00 million for four provincial AED, Components on 50% cost sharing basis have been finalized after a competition among the already prequalified firms/manufacturers on 28.01.2021.
- • Procurement of remaining Seed costing Rs.11.192 million is underway by AED sub-components i.e., (Punjab, KP, Balochistan& Sindh) to be distributed on 50% cost sharing basis and for area expansion.
Self-sufficiency in Pulses through increase in national average pulses (Chickpea, Lentil, Mungbean, Mashbean and Common bean) yield by 30%, and profitability through diverse activities.
|Date of approval with Forum|
|Original date||Revised Date, if any||All subsequent Revisions if any|
|Financial Arrangement||Federal, Rs. 1437.358 millions|
|Donor (if any)along with a share of foreign aid in the cost||N/A|
|Actual Date of Commencement||26-12-19|
|Completion Date (as per PC-I)||30-06-24|
|Likely Completion Date||30-06-24|
|Reason of Time and Cost Overrun||N/A|
|Specific decision/ recommendation made during previous quarterly reviews of PSDP 2019-20||Formulation of National Policy Framework on Pulses|
|PMES system updated on (please specify date)||04-01-2021|
|a) Expenditure up to June 2020||R.s 46.856 million|
|b) %age Financial progress to-Date||5.83%|
|Physical completion (in %age terms)||30%|
|Allocation 2020-21||Rupee||Foreign loan(if any)|
|Rs. 300 million||Nil|
|Releases 2020-21||Rupee||Foreign Loan(if any)|
|Rs. 150 million||Nil|
|Expenditure/Utilization 2020-21 (July-Sept 2020)||Rupee||Foreign loan(if any)|
|Rs. 37.05 million||Nil|
|Bottlenecks/Issues impeding progress on the project (if any)||
|Latest implementation status of the decision/recommendation||Draft submitted to MNFSR and also shared with stakeholders for finalization/inputs.|
|A.||Establishment Expenditures in Pipeline (Feb-21 to Jun-21)||7.882|
(Tenders Cases/Supply Orders Issued, Work in Progress etc.):
|1||One-Pass Cultivation Machinery/ implements (Supply Order Issued).||40.21|
|2||Civil Work for sub-component “NIFA Peshawar”(60% job completed).||7.73|
|3||Civil Work for sub-component “Bhakkar”(Job completed final bill under process).||1.241|
|4||The case for Proc. of Seed by “AED, Baluchistan” under process.||1.638|
|5||Research equipment Machinery/field implements (Final Delivery under process).||7.241|
|6||Supply of pulses machinery (688 Machines on 50% cost-sharing) underway||80.00|
|7||The case for procurement of project vehicles(Resubmitted to the M/o NFS&R)||12.67|
|8 (a)||Construction of Intelligent Greenhouse (Tender process in final stages)||32.1|
|8 (b)||Import of Equipment’s for Intelligent Greenhouse (Tender process in final stages)||27.9|
|9.||Portable Solar Irrigation Systems (PSIS) Qty 13-Nos(Supply orders under process)||7.248|
|10.||Seed distribution on 50% cost sharing basis by AED (Selection of farmers underway)||18.403|
|11||Travelling seminar of stakeholders for Rabi Pulses.(Scheduled in March)||1.50|
|12||Civil Work at ARS, Karak(Case referred to Steering Committee for approval of modification).||4.00|
|13||Civil Work at Mastung Station (Case referred to Steering Committee for approval).||3.43|
|14||Column 2 Value 17||28.875|
|Overall Financial outlook (Till Date Expenditure + Floated & Yet to be Floated Tenders/Cases etc.)||319.433|