Promoting Research for Productivity Enhancement in Pulses
PROMOTING RESEARCH FOR PRODUCTIVITY ENHANCEMENT IN PULSES
PROJECT DIRECTOR NAME
Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC) Islamabad; Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission; Agriculture Departments, Govt. of Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Baluchistan, Sindh.
Ministry of National Food Security and Research.
Forest, Wildlife & Fisheries Department, Govt. of Punjab.
Livestock and Fisheries Department, Govt. of Sindh.
Department of Coastal Development and Fisheries, Govt. of Baluchistan.
M/o NFS&R through PSDP
Rs. 1437.358 millions
The scope of the project is to increase national average pulses (Chickpea, lentil, mungbean, mash bean and common bean) yield by 30% through reducing yield gaps, increasing crop area, productivity enhancement through multifarious activities.
Germplasm acquisition and evaluation 2016 Accessions.
National Uniform Yield Trials (08 Nos) at 19 locations across the country for variety development.
BN, Pre-basic and basic Seed production at 338 Acres.
Production technology trials (80) conducted for Rabi and Kharif pulses across the country focusing on climate change scenario.
D-plots on farm/farmers’ fields through Agri. Research and AED (227) for demonstration of improved technologies.
Conducted (25) Field days/ seminars/workshops
Common Bean Hybridization (KP) 06 for common bean variety development.
Advanced lines yield trials (23) conducted
Generation advancement (70) processed for early generation seed advancement.
Pulses Seed Distribution (515 tons) @50% cost sharing sufficient for 15638 Acres (Rabi and Kharif pulses).
• Supply order for procurement of Research equipment Machinery/field implements worth Rs. 9.581 million.
• Case for Procurement of Seed from Punjab Seed Corporation by sub-component “AED, Baluchistan” with a cost of Rs.1.638 million for distribution on a 50% subsidy basis, is under process.
• Supply Order Issued for the supply of One-Pass Cultivation Machinery/ implements costing Rs. 40.209 million.
• Portable Solar Irrigation Systems (PSIS) Qty 07-Nos., have been delivered to the farmers on a 50% cost sharing basis, payment (Rs. 3.4 Million) to vendor.
• Civil work through PARC works at NIFA and Bhakkar costing Rs. 2.999 million is almost at the completion stage.
• Civil Works for “Intelligent Greenhouse” for speed breeding at NARC costing Rs.60 million in progress.
• Travelling seminar for Kharif pulses conducted involving stakeholders in two provinces (Punjab and KP) from 1st to 7th September.
• Tender for supply/manufacturing of 688 pulses machinery items with an estimated cost of Rs.80.00 million for four provincial AED, Components on 50% cost sharing basis have been finalized after a competition among the already prequalified firms/manufacturers on 28.01.2021.
• Procurement of remaining Seed costing Rs.11.192 million is underway by AED sub-components i.e., (Punjab, KP, Balochistan& Sindh) to be distributed on 50% cost sharing basis and for area expansion.