STRENGTHENING OF AGRICULTURE AND LIVESTOCK RESEARCH SYSTEM OF ARID ZONE RESEARCH INSTITUTE, UMERKOT-SINDH
PROJECT DIRECTOR NAME
PARC-Arid Zone Research institute, Umerkot
M/o NFS&R through PSDP
Pakistan Agricultural Research Council, Islamabad
Rs. 509.26 million
- To strengthen and upgrade the crops and livestock research infrastructure and technical manpower
- To establish a new Livestock field research program to address the livestock production related issues
- To impart short and long-term capacity building programs in order to address the issues of crop and livestock farmers of Thar.
- To strengthen the linkages with provincial and international research organizations
- 32 acres orchard has been planted on the drip irrigation system and 8 acres (Grafted ber) will be planted on saline underground water with 4500 ppm irrigated through drip irrigation system using solar energy for pumping.
- Germplasm of the 38 exotic & indigenous varieties of Date palm has been collected from different sources and planted at the institute farm.
- 11 different varieties of Guava have been collected and planted at the institute farm.
- The construction work of the office building and laboratories is in progress and more than 45% work completed. Civil work of Rs. 58.5 million is also in progress.
- The staff members recruited and the remaining 09 staff members will be recruited shortly as NoC received from M/o NFS&R.
- MoU has been signed between Thar Coal Authority and Thardeep as collaborative activities can be made in the Desert area of Thar.
- 2 seminars for knowledge sharing and training programs have been arranged.
- Tree plantation has been done at institute farm where Deputy Commissioner Umerkot, Brigadier of ChhorCant and other socialists planted the trees.
- A visit of the Chairman, Member NRD, Member PSD PARC with DG SARC, has been arranged to evaluate the progress of the project.
- The Project Technical Committee meeting was held on zoom, chaired by the Member NRD, PARC.
- Supply order of Research Equipment, Office and Computer Equipment issued worth Rs. 7.730 million.
|Date of approval with Forum|
|Original date||Revised Date, if any||All subsequent Revisions if any|
|Donor (if any)along with a share of foreign aid in the cost||N/A|
|Actual Date of Commencement||30-07-2017|
|Completion Date (as per PC-I)||30-06-2022|
|Likely Completion Date||30-06-2022|
|Reason of Time and Cost Overrun||N/A|
|Specific decision/ recommendation made during previous quarterly reviews of PSDP 2019-20||NIL|
|PMES system updated on (please specify date)||12/31/2020|
|a) Expenditure up to June 2020||167.854 million|
|b) %age Financial progress to-Date||42.78%|
|Physical completion (in %age terms)||35%|
|Allocation 2020-21||Rupee||Foreign loan(if any)|
|Releases 2020-21||Rupee||Foreign Loan(if any)|
|Expenditure/Utilization 2020-21 (July-Sept 2020)||Rupee||Foreign loan(if any)|
|Bottlenecks/Issues impeding progress on the project (if any)||N/A|
|Latest implementation status of the decision/recommendation||NIL|