SINO-PAK AGRICULTURAL BREEDING INNOVATIONS PROJECT FOR RAPID YIELD ENHANCEMENT
PROJECT DIRECTOR NAME
National InstituteforGenomics and Advanced Biotechnology, National AgriculturalResearch Centre, Islamabad
Ministry of National Food Security and Research, Islamabad
Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC), Islamabad
- Sharing of advanced germplasm by Chinese with Pakistan.
- Evaluation, genomic selection and dissemination of acquired material through national coordination system.
- Development of high yielding, biotic and abiotic stress tolerant varieties in rapid time.
- Implication of new breeding and molecular tools for rapid yield enhancement.
- Disease resistant, high yielding milk and meat producing elite breeds of livestock.
- Acquisition of 700 advanced lines of rice from China, multiplication and selection at 09 locations in Pakistan.
- Acquisition of 600 advanced lines of wheat from China, UK and Pakistan.
- Acquisition of 620 grams fuzz of sugarcane from China.
- Collection of 40 samples of elite breeds of goat and sheep.
- High yielding varieties.
- It will have positive impact on employment generation.
- Directly Employment 15 Nos.
- Indirectly 100 Nos plus.
|Date of approval with Forum|
|Original date||Revised Date, if any||All subsequent Revisions if any|
|Financial Arrangement||Federal PSDP|
|Donor (if any)along with a share of foreign aid in the cost||N/A|
|Actual Date of Commencement||01.07.20|
|Completion Date (as per PC-I)||30.06.24|
|Likely Completion Date||30.06.24|
|Reason of Time and Cost Overrun||N/A|
|Specific decision/ recommendation made during previous quarterly reviews of PSDP 2019-20||NIL|
|PMES system updated on (please specify date)||01.01.2021|
|a) Expenditure up to June 2020||NA|
|b) %age Financial progress to-Date||2.24%|
|Physical completion (in %age terms)||35%|
|Allocation 2020-21||Rupee||Foreign loan(if any)|
|Releases 2020-21||Rupee||Foreign Loan(if any)|
|Expenditure/Utilization 2020-21 (July-Sept 2020)||Rupee||Foreign loan(if any)|
|Bottlenecks/Issues impeding progress on the project (if any)||
|Latest implementation status of the decision/recommendation||NIL|